Friday, September 16, 2011

The New Girl-Joan Finch

     So I have this friend, this very quirky giggly bundle of nerdiness friend, from college whose superhero alter-ego I call Fangirl Squee. She's a great mix of hilarity, personality and goofiness which makes her a great companion for everyday adventures. And if they made a sitcom about her I don't think they could get a better likeness than of the character of Jess in New Girl.


     Itunes is offering a free (let me repeat FREE) download of the pilot episode which I've already watched twice and absolutely recommend. The premise is pretty typical rom-com or sitcom stock. Recently dumped Jess answers a craigslist ad for a new roommate and moves in with three single guys. Hilarity ensues as is usual but don't go disregarding this show before giving a fair shake. Truthfully it is funny. Jess is played by Zooey Deschanel believably with heart and a kind of carefree whimsy I haven't seen in television since they wrongfully canceled my beloved Pushing Daisies. Her three new roommates Schmit, Nick and Coach are great complementary personalities to create the shows awkward, inappropriate but sweet comedic chemistry. I know at least one other person who's going to enjoy this show besides me. 

Of course I'm going to watch this show! Spending thirty minutes a week with someone that entertaining is a must. Nothing makes you feel as good as some adorkable-ness does. 

New Girl is on Tuesdays @ 8 pm on Fox. Premieres next week.

1 comment:

  1. YAY! Loved this show so much! It was hilarious, sweet, and well written. Plus, not gonna lie, need me a douchebag jar now. ;)

    ReplyDelete