Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Romantic Movie Moments-Emma DeWinter

Some of My Favorite Romantic Movie Moments
So here’s the background on this one. I am the world’s biggest romantic comedy freak. Not even joking. And I have TONS more favorite romantic movie moments, but these are the ones that I am thinking of right now…This might be amended later…Just sayin’. 

1. Say Anything- The tagline for this movie really just says it all: “To know Lloyd Dobbler is to love him. Diane Court is about to get to know Lloyd Dobbler.” It’s really impossible to pick just one romantic scene from this movie, but I’m going to pick the immortal boombox scene. Lloyd’s just had his heart broken, and so, in a fit of desperation, he stands outside her window holding a boombox blasting “In Your Eyes” by Peter Gabriel. The only time stalking has ever been sexy. Yes. I said it.
2. Sixteen Candles- Samantha has just had the worst day of her life. However, it’s all been saved by seeing Jake Ryan, her longtime crush, standing outside of the church where her sister has just gotten married. Thanks to this movie, I’ve always dreamed of sitting on a tabletop with my crush eating birthday cake. Holla!
3. When Harry Met Sally- “I came here tonight not because I’m lonely, but because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with someone, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” This movie did the seemingly impossible, it made me fall in love with Billy Crystal. Weird, perhaps, but most women would agree with me after watching this scene where Harry runs through the streets of New York in order to tell Sally how much he loves her. Just think, in the first few drafts of this script, Harry and Sally didn’t end up together. I don’t even want to think about what a different movie THAT would’ve been.
4. Where The Heart Is-The sex scene between Novalee and Forney is one of the sweetest love scenes I’ve ever seen in a movie.
5. Win A Date With Tad Hamilton- 6 smiles. Need I say more? Oh wait, “I will tear you apart with my bare hands…or vicious rhetoric.”
6. Sleepless in Seattle-They finally meet on top of the Empire State Building. How’s that for some kismet action?
7. Loser-“You call THAT a kiss?”
8. Atonement-Library. Enough said!
9. Love Actually-That lovesick guy standing outside of Keira Knightley’s window with his boombox and his notecards telling her how much he loved her. Just so flipping adorable…
Amelie-I love when she thinks that he’s left and she is heartbroken, but he has just gone to slip a note under her door. She opens the door, finds him and they live happily ever after.

No comments:

Post a Comment