Sunday, February 26, 2012

Oscar Sunday! - Veda Predicts

It's Oscar Sunday! Will you be watching the awards on ABC tonight? Sure, they're dragged out more than any other award show, but I always get excited to see who will win what and how they will react (it especially touches my heart when people are overcome with emotion and so gracious at the podium. It's also fun when they're so shocked, they throw out a curse word or two-thanks Melissa Leo, haha).
I decided to throw out some of my predictions for tonight's awards. I could be totally wrong-as I sometimes am, but it's fun just the same. Usually when I am wrong, it's because I let my emotions get in the way...

Here we go...
Best Supporting Actor: Christopher Plummer, Beginners (It would be a shock if he didn't win.)
Best Supporting Actress: Octavia Spencer, The Help
Best Actor: Jean Dujardin, The Artist
Best Actress: Viola Davis, The Help (She gave an incredible performance! Come on!)
Best Screenplay Written Directly for the Screen: Midnight in Paris (Woody Allen)
Best Screenplay Based on Material Previously Produced or Published: The Descendants (Alexander Payne, Nat Faxon, Jim Rash)
Best Director: Michel Hazanavicius, The Artist
Best Motion Picture: The Artist

Tune in to see if I'm right tonight!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe you are correct! I'll be watching the Oscars, though I can't say I'm all that excited about any one particular film this year. The Descendants or The Help were probably my favs.

    ReplyDelete