Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Why You Shouldn't Watch Men In Black III in the Theater - Joan Finch

This article is about the bizarre fact that Men In Black III has overtaken the amazing and highly anticipated Joss Whedon film The Avengers in the box office. Why, oh why is this happening?

To start I have nothing negative to say out the Men In Black III. Actually, I haven't seen it and probubly won't until its out on video or airing some Saturday on TBS. Don't get me wrong, I like the Men In Black story. I'd give the original film 5 shiny nerd stars.  The idea that a re-hasing of old material could squash the opportunities for new stories just really bugs me.  Sequels aren't the problem, re-hashing is the problem.

If you haven't seen The Avengers movie than take this as my ardent advice to go immediately. I'm not doing a review of the film because that would be quite lengthy and a complete rave. Just know its brilliant and go see it. If you have seen the film than I'm willing to bet you loved it and are debating on when to see it again. Now. As soon as you can you should.

Wandering back to my point....the question is simple. Would you rather see a sequel to Men in Black or The Avengers? Now understand that your movie going choices are your vote so vote early and often.  Because in the demo-crazy of the studio industry the voice heard loudest is the box office.

There seem to be alot of flaws with this argument, I know, but this is what I honestly think.

No comments:

Post a Comment