Saturday, April 28, 2012

The Next Big Singing/Talent Competition? -Veda Rains


It seems like everywhere you look, there's a new singing competition on American TV. The Voice has slowly been building momentum over the past two seasons, and this year its ratings have proven it to be a show to reckon with. I admit, I've been sucked into the show when channel surfing quite a few times this season. But I'm not here to tell you about The Voice, but rather-yet, another-singing competition show: Duets!

So What is Duets?
From the email I received: Duets is a one of a kind singing competition that takes the superstars out from the judge's panel and onto the stage. Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Nettles, Lionel Richie, and Robin Thicke are on a journey to find undiscovered talent worthy to be their protégés. Through a series of competitions, each superstar will choose two singers to be their duet partners. Together, the Superstar and their protégé will take the stage each week and perform in front of a live studio audience. In the end, only one duet will be at the top of the charts and the winning amateur will receive a recording contract with Hollywood Records.

I'm a fan of Kelly Clarkson, so I'm intrigued. The show will premiere on ABC Thursday, May 24, at 8/7 Central. Check out the video below to get a sneak peek:




I was first made aware of the show, Duets, by On Camera Audiences, a television audience company that lets you know about shows you can actually go see for free (in the LA area)! My dad told me about their website when I was living in LA and he had heard that Carrie Underwood was taping a Christmas special. On Camera Audiences was setting up people with tickets to go to the taping-and I got to go! When you're broke in LA, it's nice to know you can get hooked up with free stuff like shows/concerts. Just a few weeks ago I got a notice to go to an American Idol taping and this past week I was offered a chance to go see Duets.

If you're in the LA area,  and want to join the waitlist for a chance to see the show and the artists live in action, go here: http://on-camera-audiences.com/shows/Duets

No comments:

Post a Comment