Saturday, April 21, 2012


Alterna-tainment: 
Cardboard Warfare & Olan Rogers - Joan Finch
     I have become a huge youtube fan over the last year. If it wasn't for Doctor Who I'd probably chuck cable altogether. Who needs it. Youtube is a bustling community of entertainment-makers and the variety of videos is almost infinite.  There are some great vlogs, short films, tutorials, shows and odd finds I'd like to share. 
     To start check out Cardboard Warfare 2 from youtuber pwnisher.  There are three shorts in the Cardboard Warfare series but this is the absolute best.  It's a war flick with guns, tanks, planes, etc. made out of cardboard and yet it's exceptionally well made.  Some how you forget the props are harmless cardboard and get sucked into the action.  Trust me, its a completely startling realization in the end. Very cool. Truthfully, the villian looking sixteen is the most awkward element. 

     I've also got to reccomend a vlogger because the best content comes from the inspired regular contributors. And while the the term vlogger covers a great deal, the most entertaining have there own unique signature.  I've recently come across the hilarious Olan Rogers.  His videos are varied and include shorts, games, and the story telling vlogs that make you pull muscles laughing.  I spent almost 2 hours solid laughing over Olans videos.  He also has a part in Cardboard Warfare 2 which is cool too. 

     If you have any recommendations of your own, let me have'um.

No comments:

Post a Comment