Thursday, July 7, 2011

NBC's Fall Shows - Joan Finch

NBC has announced its new fall schedule with some returning favorites and a whole slew of new shows.  Like most years theres little in the promos that I can pin my hopes on.  Follow the link for the complete list. http://collider.com/nbc-schedule-2011-2012/91015/

The first new comedy show I'm most excited about....Free Agents.  Thank you to whoever cast Hank Azaria and Kathryn Hahn.  I bow humble at their combined talents and absolutely think that Hahn is one of the most desperately underated actresses of her generation.  From what I've read and can decipher from the promo NBC released the show seems to be a grown-up version of the 'friends with benefits' premise thats so popular right now.  I heard a rumor that one of the executive producer helms a BBC version of the show.  It wouldn't be the first time the American media monster stole a premise from our friends across the pond.  And I love most of those shows so more power to them I guess.



I don't know what to think about Bent.  Amanda Peet is a lovely plus but I unfortunately feel this show walks too close to the Cougartown ideal of comedy which makes me a little ill.  I've been waiting for the return of Peet since the tragic cancelation of Studio 60 of the Sunset Strip.  Please let this not be the bomb it quite possibly could be.

Most of the comedies seem like the same old romantic mid-life dramady that last much longer than they should.  However, if you're wanting to give sitcoms a try this year and you're a fan of Chelsea Lately you'll be happy to hear about a new show called Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea. based on her book.

There are a few upcoming NBC dramas that are on the fence between interesting and droll.  For example there's Grimm which seems to be asking, "What if the Grimm Brothers where a secret organization fighting an ancient supernatural menace?" Anyway, they have me head scratching more than eagerly anticipating.

We'll see what the other networks have in the works because right now options appear unsuprisingly limited.

No comments:

Post a Comment