Friday, July 29, 2011

The Guard (2011) - Adelei Idlewild

This isn't the first time that I have missed New York, but this weekend I'll have yet another
reason to . . . the U.S. release of The Guard, a movie starring Brendan Gleeson and Don Cheadle. Two words are enough to make me excited about seeing this film: Ireland and Cheadle. Add a drug-smuggling ring and an "unorthodox policeman" with an amazing accent to the mix, and it sounds to me like a recipe for success!

Well, all right, make that three words that make me happy, the third being McDonagh, last name of the film's director, John Michael McDonagh. Although he's fairly new on the film scene, McDonagh is the brother of Martin McDonagh, writer/director of one of my favorite European short films, Six Shooter. Success! Success! Now . . . when can I watch it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment