Sunday, October 30, 2011

Animated Frankenweenie Remake?- Joan Finch


     Next year we're going to be gifted a new Tim Burton film and its going to be animated as well. Animated in the uniquely Burton way of animation that was so striking in The Nightmare Before Christmas and Corpse Bride. Frankenweenie, if you're not familiar, is about a child who brings back his dog after he's struck by a car. A comical verson of the Frankensteins monster story. I loved the original black and white film with its whimsy and absurdism but I can't not be excited to see how Burton will bring the same story to life in clay. Winona Ryder, Catherine O'Hara and Martin Short are set to lend their voices to this fanciful and dark remake of Tim Burtons '84 film with the same name.

     I'll keep my eye out for more news to come. Keep me updated if you run across any news on your own, will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment